04 June 2011

Two Strikes And...

...I'm out. Well, I guess that answers that question. I'm not at all surprised that I was not recommended for promotion. I haven't done anything with the Reserve since I left Active Duty almost four years ago. Considering I separated under a program designed to decrease career fields and year groups already over requirements, they probably have enough people. However, I'm surprised that they actually manage the Reserve Officer Corps in the same way (twice passed over means discharge).

This letter was a surprise. As I read it, I felt as if I had broken up with my girlfriend only to have her write a few weeks later to tell me it's REALLY over. Right. In today's world, the Air Force finally unfriended me and changed its status to single. Before today, it was a bit awkward since my status had been single for a looooong time.

One day, my kids will stumble across a box with all my ribbons, medals, and uniform in it. I guess then I can tell them I spent almost 7 years of my life serving our country. Until then, they will probably have no idea.