There were several steps and extra mini projects that came about as a result of taking off the original lights and medicine cabinets. I had to do a small drywall repair job in both bathrooms since the builders had punched holes to run wire and then just covered it up with the old lights. The new medicine cabinets were slightly larger, so I had to pull out some of the framing made for the old units. Then I had to add some small trim around the medicine cabinets to finish off the edges. Jonathan's closet wall now has a hole to repair, but that was the worst of it.
We went silver in the bathrooms. Silver lights, faucets, and towel holder. Technically it's called brushed nickel. It looks like stainless steel. After finishing the medicine cabinets off with a small piece of trim I realized that we couldn't really grab the door to open it...so that's where the knob comes in. It looks good. You'll notice in both bathrooms that the lights are either slightly higher of not centered on the mirror. That's thanks to the builder's that put the electrical boxes wherever they felt like it. I'm not surprised though.
I only posted pictures from our bathroom. There is a before and after shot. I really like the lighting. It's very bright and white. It's almost a little too good, if you catch my drift. Of course, the lights and the frame around the mirror are what make the room feel completely different. It all ties with the rest of the projects I've done. Most importantly, it really makes the place feel more like a home.


