20 November 2013

Julia Accepted Jesus

The night of November 15th Julia accepted Jesus into her heart. Stacey and she prayed together in her bed before going to sleep that night. She had been asking Stacey a lot of questions, and so the time seemed right. Even a long time before this she would say things like she believed, probably regarding some of the things she heard in preschool and pre-kindergarten. 

I was five years old too. Legend has it that I was at church.  Obviously. the understanding of many things is limited, but I think Julia gets it. She's always had wisdom and smarts well beyond her age, and I never once was worried she wouldn't start out on this path.  Those that know Julia probably understand what I mean.

A few days later at the store she found a short devotional book for little girls.  She was so excited to buy it and read through it with Stacey.  Stacey asked me if she could buy it via text...like I was going to say no. 


The more difficult part will be to keep her progressing on this path as well as being a good example. I haven't quite figured out how to incorporate this into our daily lives or what kinds of things would be best for her to be doing and/or getting involved with. I guess I had better figure that out quickly.

On an unrelated note, I couldn't pass up showing the first "hand turkey" Julia brought home from school. I remember the good old days when a hand and five crayons equaled a masterpiece.