19 November 2013

Julia's Un-Birthday Party

Julia had big plans for Stacey's 37th birthday party.  I think she had it planned out in her head the day before. I took Julia to school in the morning, so we stopped by Target to buy the supplies before dropping her off.  She picked out the plates, napkins, balloons, etc. and I helped keep it within reason.  For example, we went with the basic sprinkles to put on the gluten free cake instead of the barrel of sprinkles she really wanted.

I helped Julia with her plan when I got home from work.  She gave me several thumbs up for my idea to send Stacey downstairs to relax while we decorated, baked the cake, and reheated frozen leftovers.  I can only pull so much off after I get home from work.  Jonathan helped us, but then lost interest in helping us set up once he realized playing with a balloon is much more fun.  As you can see from the pictures, he's wearing his favorite outfit to the occasion. You would have thought it was Julia's birthday party because she was so excited.

I also included an unrelated photo of fireman chubby cheeks in mid-sentence at Home Depot. I think it's hilarious.