10 May 2014

Golden Gate Bridge

Our flight in on Friday night went well.  We arrived after bedtime, so we decided to stay Friday night in a hotel next to the airport.  The next morning we woke up and met Stacey's brothers for coffee.  Coincidentally, Matt was down from Seattle visiting Pat on the same weekend. We were the only Caucasians in that Starbucks in South San Francisco, which was a good opportunity to use the phrase, "we're not next to Kansas anymore". As a related side note, this place truly does get visitors from all over the world.  We've heard many different languages spoken.

After coffee we walked across the bridge and back. It was fun, but the traffic noise was so loud it made it hard to have a conversation and unnecessarily tiresome. The bridge itself was obviously impressive and it was worth doing once in my life. Personally, I like the views from the Marin County side better than the San Francisco side. It was very pretty, especially considering the temperatures and snow scheduled at home the next day!

I think Stacey enjoyed the walk too, although I can't be sure now that I see the middle picture...