31 May 2014

Sweet Girl

Julia is pretty sweet, in case you didn't know.  

I took her and Jonathan to the barbeque at work on Wednesday.  Every year we have a barbeque, pull up chairs, and watch the Thunderbirds perform for graduation just across the interstate.  The kids had a great time.  At one point I was trying to explain to Julia that the pilots were "the best of the best".  After a few moments Julia looked at me and said, "Dad, if you were selected to be a Thunderbird pilot, I bet you'd be the best in the group".  And then she wanted to make sure I didn't tell anyone she said that because it was "embarrassing".

The other cute thing Julia does right now involves "B" and "Ni-nights".  They are still key members of her bedtime routine.  Several times in the past couple of months I've come back to her room after we have put her to bed.  When I get outside her room I hear talking, but she's the only one in the room. She's having a conversation with "B" sometimes, yes, but other times, she's telling her blanket all about her day or some other subject.  I didn't know little girls like to bear their souls to their "perfect corner".  What a riot.