25 March 2008

Interstate West Trailer

I want to sell my 2003 Interstate West 4x6 enclosed trailer. The problem is, I don't know what it's worth. I've done some searches on Google and Craigslist, but I can't seem to find anything comparable for sale and there doesn't appear to be any consistency in the trailer market. A guy at work said that he may be interested, and was wondering what I would sell it for.

So, I'm asking you what you think. I purchased this trailer in 2003 in Washington for $1,400. I found a dealer in town who is selling the same trailer brand new for $1,400 as well. So, I feel confident that my trailer is worth $1,400 new. I've put approximately 3,500 miles on the trailer. The only thing that needs replacing is the red plastic cover on each of the taillights. They are both cracked (from me walking it into its place in my garage) but still work.

Do you think $950 is too low or too much? Do you know where I can get the value of a trailer? It has a current registration and would come with two disc locks and a hitch lock. Here's a picture of it: