
I realize that this is my second post today, but I couldn't pass this one up. Stacey and I have a long standing joke that if it's weird and on the news, chances are it happened in Washington State (where she grew up and where I lived for 3 years). I know that things happen everywhere, and now that we're looking for these things we see them a lot more then before, but I really believe that there is a disproportional amount of wacky things that come out the land of the eternal cloud.
Today was another one of those days. At lunch, Fox News reported that several multi-million dollar homes outside Seattle had been burned to the ground. The probable cause was arson from the eco-terrorism group known as ELF (Earth Liberation Front). Explosive devices were found inside many of the homes which authorities believe were used to start the fires.
A few hours later a co-worker asked me if I had heard about the "monkey rampage" in Spokane. Apparently, an illegal pet monkey escaped from his owner's house on the South Hill and chased down three people and bit them. Imagine walking down the street and having a monkey jump out of a tree, chase you down, and sink its teeth into you.
Crazy stuff - if anything it helps prove my theory: chances are it happened in Washington.