04 March 2008

What's Better Then...

Getting a refund check for a few Benjamins from the IRS? Getting an unexpected refund check for a few Benjamins from the IRS for 2005.

What's worse then having to write a check for a few Benjamins to the IRS?
Getting an unexpected refund check for a few Benjamins from the IRS for 2005.

Stacey called them and they confirmed it was for an adjustment for 2005. The problem is, I have no explanation in writing on what it's for nor did I ever receive anything in the past. I'm really hoping that in a few days that piece of mail shows up explaining the whole situation. Until then, I'm just going to sit and stare at it....for months even, if that what it takes to get something else in writing from them. Of course, even if I do get something and later they find out they were wrong (again), I'd owe the entire amount of the check plus any interest. Lovely.