It's finally complete! I know, it's been done for a few days but I just didn't get around to posting this until tonight. Thanks to those of you who asked about it.
This project went really well, all things considered. We're very excited we now have a place to hang out and relax. Although our house was about 2,000 square feet before the project, the layout of the house didn't allow us much space. You may read that and laugh, but it's really true. Our main living room wasn't exactly spacious. All this to say that the basement in this house was meant to be finished.
The smaller room will be Julia's (and future child) playroom for now. All the toys and dollhouses will be kept there. As they grow older, we will probably turn it into a workout area. Across from the playroom is a full bath and two closets for storage. We have additional storage under the stairs, and the main room will be used for working out and watching television, relaxing, hanging out, etc.
The project took a little over a month to complete. We'd like to thank Matt and Chris from Craftsman Basement Finish Company for their great work, responsiveness, and all-around professionalism from start to finish. They did a great job in matching the rest of our house.
I hope you enjoy the slide show. I intentionally placed a picture of the unfinished basement directly before the same shot finished. The before and after view is amazing. I hope you watch the entire video - there's a surprise photo at the end!
Music by David Crowder Band (Neverending)