I don’t even know where to begin with this one… I’ve been so busy with other, more important things, that I really haven’t bothered to give it much thought. I’ve been watching some of the games or listening to them on the BBC, but since the first few games of the season I can’t be bothered with this disaster of a club.
Over a year ago, after 2 straight 5th place finished in the league, I decided to pick Tottenham as my team. They were the up and coming team, and after bringing in a top manager and better players things were at least supposed to stay the same, if not get better. Since then it’s been an utter disaster (save the Carling Cup run last January/February). I won’t give you all the details, but all you need to know is that after 7 games this year we’ve only scored 4 goals. We’re in very last place in the league and the only team not yet to win a game. Spurs are off to their worst start since the Titanic sank in 1912 (96 years). The comparison between Spurs and the Titanic are almost too ironic to be funny.
On top off all that, it’s not like they are playing well and losing. I can’t even watch the games anymore because the quality makes it unwatchable. I’ve resorted to taping the games that are on, finding out the score, and then deciding if I want to watch it or, more likely, save myself the frustration, boredom, and 2 hours of my life.
I think most everyone has agreed that this season is already over. I hope we get our act together soon so that at the end of the year we’re not locked in a relegation battle.