23 April 2010

Silly Putty

I love silly putty. Josh was given a physical therapy variant of silly putty to help rehabilitate his hand. In between uses I play with it at work. A week ago Josh made the comment that when he leaves it on his desk it's usually a blob by the time he gets back. So, last Tuesday I rolled it into a nice ball and set it on the tip of the coolest shape I could find in my cubicle. At first the ball descended quickly. The next day it was already half way down the stein. However, we had to wait another 6-7 days (essentially a week from the start) until it oozed all the way down.

This was a good office distraction. People kept checking up on the progress in between their duties. I think it's pretty cool that you can see the design of the stein through the silly putty. Don't worry, the shot of the stein without the silly putty was taken afterward. It all came off.