16 May 2010

The Backyard is Complete

INSTRUCTIONS: BEFORE READING THIS POST YOU ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINKS FIRST AND LOOK AT THE PICTURES:

Last Summer

Backyard Project, Day 0

The backyard is finally complete! Despite still fighting the aftereffects of a bug I caught, Matt and I tilled the soil, rolled it, and installed the sod today. This was the last step in the project that took about two months to complete (weekend warriors). It was a lot of work but we stayed on schedule (can't get much closer to mid-May then this) and it's now done.

As I've told many people, now is the time to look at the grass and take pictures because it's the best it'll ever look! Obviously, we'll have to stay off the sod for a few weeks until it takes root. Although our neighbors, like we, were planning on doing their backyard this spring months ago, we've inspired them to lay a patio instead of a cement slab. I'm sure I'll be able to take a picture and show off their hard work too.

Not much else remains. We'll pick up the patio furniture on Tuesday, add a stand-alone fire pit in the coming weeks, and plant some flowers in a few pots. Iced Tea anyone? Thanks Matty. Next up, baby #2.