The more I use my iPad, the more I love it. One of the things I've been trying to find is a remote control for iTunes that works over our wi-fi network instead of using infrared technology (i.e. line of sight). I'm not sure if iTunes running on Windows has the AirTunes feature, but my Mac does. AirTunes allows you to wirelessly stream your iTunes library to different devices connected to your network. Awhile ago I purchased an Airport Mini "hub". These devices connect to your wireless network and have an audio out jack. So, the idea is instead of hard wiring a speaker system throughout your house, you can strategically place these devices in your home and connect your stereo system to it. AirTunes allows you to stream music to all of your Airport Minis at the same time too, in case you want the same song playing in multiple places.
A wi-fi remote isn't much use unless you have a device to control it with. Although it doesn't appear to be a new arrival, Apple has a free remote app in their store that will run on an iPhone or iPad. Tonight I downloaded the app and have been playing around with it. In short, it's amazing. I can view everything that is playing on my computer and control the volume, track selection, and even speaker selection from my iPad anywhere in the house. With AirTunes and my Airport Minis, this is a powerful combination. Right now I am listening to music in the living room. It's streaming from my laptop in the office and am controlling it from my iPad...which, coincidentally I'm typing this blog on.
Regarding the iPad in general, I haven't really used my laptop much since I got it. I brought it into work yesterday and you would of thought I was famous or something. People were huddled around my cubicle as I showed what it could do. I almost felt like Steve Jobs unveiling the latest Apple product.
I'm borrowing Josh's NetFlix account (with his permission). Today I watched Wall-E on my iPad via their app and online viewing capability. It was pretty sweet. Good quality and no interruptions in playback. I could go on and on but my battery is running low. As I've mentioned in previous posts, the technology is amazing. The iPad and app concept is really the future (in my opinion) of many things - at the very least it's changed how I consume media (web, email, music, videos, photos, etc) at home.