Today is our seventh anniversary.
I looked up what spouses are traditionally supposed give each other after seven years...believe it or not, it's something made of wool. Nothing says "romance" like wool. Hey baby, wanna get itchy? Am I the only one that realizes the irony when talking wool and the "seven year itch"? That would explain a lot.
After seven years we've lived in California, Hawaii, and Colorado. We now have two kids and a mortgage. However, I went back and looked some photos right after our wedding, and I'm ashamed and pleased at the same time to say that I still have a few of the same shirts hanging in my closet. I just finished some green tea last week that was bought seven years ago. I still drive the same truck and Stacey still drives the same car as seven years ago. I still have the same couch. We still have the same bed. The point is, we like to acquire nice things and then hang on to them for a very long time.
Here's my own rejected Hallmark card: Happy Seventh Anniversary Stacey! You scratch me where it itches...