18 August 2011

Caught On Camera: Google Maps

Has anyone else noticed the Google Maps Street View Car in town? We did, because it drove right down our street and past our house while we were standing in the front yard. We're going to be famous!

The entire family was standing in the driveway while Julia painted the brick on the far left column with a brush and water. Stacey actually saw the car drive by since my back was towards the street. I had Jonathan in the backpack and was feeding him at the time. I hope they captured a funny look on Stacey's face when she pointed at the car as it drove by, or perhaps my face as I turned to look.

It's been four years since the first time our house was captured. We know it was late summer to autumn 2007 because my over-fertilization the first summer in our house was documented for all the world to see. I've had to live with this mistake for four years. If you think about us while on Google Maps in the coming months, check to see if the below photo from 2007 has been updated.

As if this weren't enough, it is also possible we got caught waiting at the intersection of Powers and Dublin with Michelle in the car. I'm going to keep an eye out for that one too and will let everyone know when it is finally posted. I was tempted to dart across traffic and follow the car, just to make sure I got on their site.

I must lead a boring life if the highlight of my day was getting on Google Maps Street View.