13 August 2011

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

With Michelle in town, we all decided to take the kids to the highest zoo (elevation) in the United States. I hadn't been since we returned to Colorado and this was Jonathan's first time. The first thing we did was take the chair lift to the very top for a picnic lunch. You can always count on Grandma to feed everyone.

The highlights for the kids were feeding the giraffes, the carousel, and the kiddie water spray area. I think Julia enjoyed seeing the other animals too, but you just can't compete with playing and feeding a giraffe crackers. I was able to get some great pictures of Jonathan's first trip to a zoo and him feeding the giraffes.

Great picture of Michelle and Jonathan; On the way down from our picnic, Downtown




Aerial view of the Broadmoor and giraffe area; Family photo with the giraffes



Jonathan feeding the giraffe crackers




Julia feeding a giraffe; Family carousel fun; Jonathan being a wild man while riding



Spray area; Jonathan climbing the fence on his own