05 August 2011

Officially Hired

This morning I was officially offered the job at Compassion. My first day will be Monday, August 22. I still have two more weeks of slacking off. In reality, I'm really looking forward to working again. It's been a long, tough grind here at home considering the circumstances.

Coincidentally, my salary will be the exact same as it was at Focus. It's almost like we're going to pick up right where we left off. Compassion has better benefits and less expensive premiums, so in the end it's really a bit more...just enough to cover new expenses: preschool and a cleaning lady.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the timing is great for many reasons. We're entering our favorite time of the year, autumn. The weather starts to cool off, soccer and football start, it's "back" to school, and I'm starting a new job. It's a new season.