13 September 2011

Loverboy

Jonathan has become quite the loverboy. Just in the past few days he has started giving us kisses. Most of the time it's when we're holding him. Other times, he'll run over from across the room and give our leg a hug and a kiss. The funniest part about it is that most of the time it involves sound effects. He makes sure we all hear his big smooching sound. When I'm holding him he usually doesn't stop at just one either, it's at least four or five fired off in rapid succession with a recoil of a good 12 inches. Julia was the same way, so obviously we must give our kids lots of affection. I'm sure it's partially nature, partially learned (mimicking us) behavior.

He hasn't forgotten his manly side though. I discovered this week that he also likes to watch football. Every time someone would run with or throw the ball, he'd smile. When a play ended he wanted more, making his sound for more until the next play started. Over and over again he's smile and make a sound. Judging by his speed and size, I think he'll make a good fullback...