Eventually he gives up and usually falls asleep in that same spot. It makes going into his room to hook him up interesting, but once he falls asleep he goes right back down even if the door pushes him enough out of the way for us to slide in.
Yesterday he fell asleep in my truck while I was running errands. I transitioned him from his car seat to his bed, but then a few minutes later he started calling for me. I thought he was just trying to get up, so I ate my lunch. He didn't give up, so I had to go into his room to find out what the problem was. As soon as I entered he pointed to his shoes. I had purposely not taken them off because I didn't want to wake him, but apparently it was a deal breaker. As soon as I took them off he told said thank you and then went back to sleep. At least it was in his bed.
