17 March 2014

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

Julia fell off her bike after hitting a patch of ice and hurt her arm. I think she hyper-extended it, but regardless of what was hurt, we made her a little sling to make it feel better.  Her arm got its own pillow at night too. After a day or two of this I made her take the sling off and about 5 minutes later she was practically doing back handsprings and pushups.  It was a miraculous recovery. She needed the extra attention on medical matters anyway, so we didn't mind.
 

Here's proof she can spell her name with veggie straws. She only likes the sweet potato sticks. 

The pictures I like best are her memoirs.  The other day she wasn't feeling good and wrote us this note.  The frowning face is pretty cute.  Due to her packed schedule these days as a big kindergartener, she had to make a "note to self" so she wouldn't forget about Spring Break. The school doors are a good visual reminder too.