09 March 2014

We're Moving!

We're moving in a few weeks - end of March.  We've talked about moving for probably over a year, and things just sort of fell into place.  We close on the new place at the end of March, which ironically is almost seven years to the day since we first moved into our current (and first) house.  I'll be sure to post pictures of the new place in the future, but for now have uploaded these pictures to the blog for memories' sake.

Although our new house will be bigger, nicer, have a bigger yard, allow us access to parks and other things, closer to school, and closer to work, I'm having a hard time leaving this place.  This was the first house we ever owned, the house we brought both kids back from the hospital to, the house with many first and many memories. I also put my heart and soul into this house, spending a lot of time over the past seven years making it a place for us to live. I will probably never do, or be able to do, quite as much to one place as I did here. I think no matter where we go, this house will always be special to me since it was our first.

At least we aren't selling the house.  We're going to rent it out...probably starting May 1st. At least that way I'll still own it, be able to work on it, and see the inside for a while until we've made enough new memories at the new house. In many ways this move will be bittersweet for me, even if it's the right decision for the family.