Julia had a Donuts for Dad event at school on Friday. I took a little time off from work and had a donut in her classroom with her. The kids had made books for us by first typing on the computer and then drawing/coloring pictures above the text. All of the pages were bound together in a booklet for us to keep. The kids all read their book in front of the entire class and group of Dads, except Julia. She was the only one too shy to do it. When her name was called she initiated her death grip and wouldn't go to the front of the class. Mrs Miller had to read it for her. Each kid had written something specific that they like to do. Julia said she likes going to IHOP with me to get pancakes. She also really likes it when I throw her in the air, even though it's "a little scary".
I took this picture of Jonathan the other day before he hopped on his new bike. I call it "Mormon in Training". He insists on wearing his dress shirt and tie, even if we're just around the house. The helmet he wears is so funny because it's so big on him. It kind of makes him look like a mushroom or a character from Super Mario Bros. Either way it's pretty cute.
