Around this time of year you'll hear many an excuse from guys who just got beat in their office sports pool. The most common complaint heard is that the person that wins is usually someone who doesn't know anything about the game in question. Usually it's someone who made their picks based on some irrelevant factor like team colors or team mascots.
I'm here to confirm this theory. This year, out of all the previous years in recent memory, I watched the least amount of American football and college basketball that I ever have. Consequently, this resulted in my rightful ascension to the office NFL pick 'em league throne in January and being crowned March Madness King yesterday.
Because this is a sore subject I'm going to let them think that I know what I'm talking about. I wouldn't want them to think they got beat by someone who really knows nothing about the current state of the sport they love (but who can do hellagood research in 5 minutes on the innermet!)