23 April 2008

Twit...ter

At the risk of offending certain friends that read this blog, here’s my position regarding Twitter (and why I won’t get on this train). Please know that I write this with the utmost respect, admiration, and love for all you. In addition, this is not meant for anyone in particular, simply for the masses of Twitter-ers.

Why do I need to know what you’re having for dinner? Should I care that your left toe itches at this very moment? Am I less of a friend because I don’t want to know what foul odor surrounds you right now? Here’s one for you: I’m just about to eat an orange and thought you needed to know NOW!

Twitter and blogs can be a great way to stay in touch. Unfortunately, they both usually become podiums for the self-absorbed. It’s something we all need to keep in mind (myself included) when “tweeting” or writing a blog. There is a fine line between the two.

Rant over. I need to stop drinking the haterade.