23 December 2008

Puerto Vallarta

The first stop we made was in Puerto Vallarta. We took a taxi from the ship to the downtown area and walked around for a few hours. There were some great sand sculptures and views of the beach. We spent some time walking in and around the Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church, as well as some of the side streets in downtown. Stacey and I walked up the surrounding hill to get an overview of the town, which provided us with some good views.

The highlight for me of our stop in Puerto Vallarta was eating at the Si Senor restaurant. The food was excellent. I ordered a chili relleno in addition to the chips and 3 kinds of salsa provided as an appetizer. The owner spoke flawless english, but the food was authentic mexican. The rest of the family took a taxi back to the ship while Stacey and I decided to walk back on the beach. The walk back on the beach took a little over an hour. We were asked to buy many things by locals on the beach, including some weed. I wasn’t in the mood that day to get high (besides, the ship was still a ways away and I didn’t have any munchies), so we continued on. Our walk back was nice and good exercise.

After the trip ended, I decided that Puerto Vallarta was probably my least favorite of the three stops. I’m sure that we didn’t see the nicest areas, but as a whole I think Mazatlan and Cabo were prettier places. As the day was ending, we had a perfect view of the amazing sunset from our balcony aboard the ship. We watched the giant sun set, and got some great pictures of it.

Music by The Beach Boys (Do You Wanna Dance)