Yes!!! I finally made it on World Soccer Daily! Actually, this was really only my third or fourth email into the show, so it's not like I've been trying and trying.
First, I'd like to give you a quick background on the show and then I'll talk about my email read on today's broadcast.
World Soccer Daily (or WSD) is the premier football (or soccer) radio show in this country. It's a call-in show that airs every day for 2 hours on Sirius Satellite Radio. The show also streams live on the web and is available as a podcast on iTunes. Most people listen via iTunes, so it's consistently (I just checked) in the top 25 most downloaded sports podcasts on iTunes. The show has frequent listeners from all over the world as well. The owner, Steven, also has a weekly television show on Fox Soccer Channel. The point is, it's not just some "Mickey Mouse" operation. I've been listening for a few years and have to say that it's really grown leaps and bounds. The show has now gotten to a point where it can get interviews from the some of the top professionals in the English Premier League (EPL); probably the most popular league in the world (certainly the richest). For example, in the coming weeks the show will be interviewing the manager (and other staff/players) from Hull City, one of the newer yet better teams so far in the EPL this year.
Since the year is coming to an end, Steven (the host) was trying to award his team of the year for 2008. If you've seen any of my previous posts in the last few days, I've been really keen on Villa. I wrote an email into the show this morning and Steven decided to read it on the air essentially at the start of the show. He stumbled over my words a bit, but I still think it's really cool to hear him read it on air and to tell me I'm "exactly right".
The first picture in the video is the show's logo, then me, then the Villa badge, then a picture of the show's hosts. I added the pictures to the audio clip from the show. If you're at all interested in the show, please check it out. You'll get hooked instantly because the show is outstanding. I doubt they'll every read this, but for those that do, I want to thank Steven and Kenny for doing such a great job!