Although last Monday was my first official day off, the trip to Canada delayed this new phase of our life until today. Still, today probably won't be that typical since we were still playing catch up from our trip.
I woke up to a beautiful sunrise. After breakfast Julia and I finished the yard work that I didn't get to last night. Stacey and I took turns exercising, getting ready, and unpacking our suitcases. By then it was time for lunch. I watched a soccer game over Julia's nap and then Julia and I ran to the Post Office and my parent's house to pick up the dog. The original plan was to play at the park but the rain today canceled that idea. We got home about 4:30, had dinner a little bit later, and now I'm typing this blog.
Today actually went really fast. Stacey feels more rested tonight since she didn't have to watch Jules all day. I have a feeling the days will fly by yet eventually turn mundane. We have a schedule planned for each day of the week, so we will both get time with the kids, time together, and time alone. Later on in the week I have time scheduled to work on things like the house, cars, and yard. I think I'll really enjoy those days too. After a few months I'll probably be ready to go back to work. For now, I'm just going to try to enjoy it as much as I can.