After seeing Ellis Island, we took the ferry over to Liberty Island. It was really cool to see such an icon of America, New York, and symbol of freedom/liberty in person. We walked around the island and took a lot of pictures of the statue...so many, in fact, that I had to delete a bunch of them. There are only so many times you can take a different picture of the Statue of Liberty.
We had reserved tickets to enter the statue and take the stairs up to the pedestal observation area (just below her feet). Anyone can walk around the outside of the statue, but it takes reserved tickets to enter the base and even harder to get reserved tickets to access the crown. I guess crown tickets get reserved months and months in advance. I saw what I wanted though - the inside of the statue and structure and some great views of Manhattan.
After these photo ops we headed back to the hotel for some rest and relaxation after our fast and furious New York adventure. I'd like to thank my Dad for suggesting this trip, fighting through the back pain, and for creating a special memory for the two of us. Got ice?