All I've done thus far is cut and glue the trim. No seam patching, no painting, nothing. It still looks pretty good though. I'm working my way to the space with the television (where we sit), if you don't catch that in the pictures. We'll need to add some more color and decorations later. All in all, it's easier then I thought it would be and the installation will probably go faster that I expected. The tedious part will be painting and caulking it throughout the entire house.
04 November 2010
Basement Crown
I couldn't resist starting on it after I had all the materials and my work space setup. I started in the basement so that I could work out the kinks...since we aren't down there as much, it's darker, the ceilings are lower, there are a lot of overhangs, etc. I've learned some good lessons before hitting the main level.
All I've done thus far is cut and glue the trim. No seam patching, no painting, nothing. It still looks pretty good though. I'm working my way to the space with the television (where we sit), if you don't catch that in the pictures. We'll need to add some more color and decorations later. All in all, it's easier then I thought it would be and the installation will probably go faster that I expected. The tedious part will be painting and caulking it throughout the entire house.





All I've done thus far is cut and glue the trim. No seam patching, no painting, nothing. It still looks pretty good though. I'm working my way to the space with the television (where we sit), if you don't catch that in the pictures. We'll need to add some more color and decorations later. All in all, it's easier then I thought it would be and the installation will probably go faster that I expected. The tedious part will be painting and caulking it throughout the entire house.