22 January 2011

Amazing Kids

On Friday Julia and Jonathan were playing with Stacey in Julia's room. Jonathan, now very mobile and extremely interested in grabbing anything and everything he can get his hands on, locked on to one of Julia's books. He went for it, but Julia grabbed it in time. Thinking she was safe up high, she hopped in her chair. Jonathan was so focused on getting his little hands on the book that he kept crawling over. Then, he grabbed the chair and pulled himself up so that he was standing. I think he's going to be an early walker.

At the dinner table, I spun the bag of carrots closed. Julia saw it, was impressed, and said, "Wow Dad, you're amazing!" I know, right?

Julia has a self-named "perfect corner" on her blanket. Don't ask me where she came up with that. Whenever she grabs her blanket she looks for the perfect corner. Sometimes, now half-joking, she says "perfect corner" in a wanting way while she's looking for it. A few days ago at the dinner table I told her that she's like the perfect little girl. Then, a few minutes later in the same way she says it for her perfect corner, I jokingly whined for "perfect little girl, perfect little girl, I want the perfect little girl!" Julia responded by turning around and saying, "Here I am!" You probably had to be there...