27 January 2011

This Week

This is the time of year when nothing happens...most U.S. sports are over or not far enough along where paying attention is worthwhile. The weather is still bad, the days short, and yearning for spring sets in. This is usually when I work on the inside of the house and read books. Obviously, I've been doing the former but unknown to most I've been hitting the WW2 section at the library. I just finished a "short" history on the subject (400 pages) and am starting my next book, "The Irregulars", a book about a British spy ring in Washington during the early 1940s. Since I've been engrossed in books at night lately, I haven't given much thought to blogging. Also, I've been trying to be "up and at 'em" by 6 a.m. to watch the kids so Stacey can start work. That way, we at least can have some time in the afternoon.

Julia is in the "why" stage...and Jonathan is such a busybody that he keeps hurting himself. Ever other minute he's falling over because he hasn't quite mastered the art of balance. He's into everything and must be watched every second he's awake. Julia was much more stationary. He's trying to eat a piece of paper right now... Television and naps are the only breaks we get. We don't sit Julia in front of the television for very long, but we do use it as a "tool". I still maintain we have the cutest kids in town.

I'm pretty beat from this wood floor resurface. The last two days all I've done is dust the house and wipe down furniture and walls. When dust is apparent on the walls, it's time to wipe them down. It has been about 4 years, so it was due to be done anyway. It looks great...the walls, not the numerous buckets of water I went through. After this weekend we will have all of the furniture back in place, the house clean, and life will be back to normal. My plan is to alternate working on the trim while searching the job listings.

All in all, life is good even though we are both working very hard. The days are long and the nights seem short, but we are getting there. I have a feeling everything will come together at the same time. The weather will warm, our major renovation/improvement projects will be done, I'll start a new job, and Stacey will ride off into the summer sunset with the kids.