07 January 2011

Dad Pillow

I used to walk Julia to sleep in my arms when she was little. For some reason, she fell asleep quicker and easier when I held her (versus someone else). Jonathan is doing the same thing. He'll fuss and complain when Stacey holds him, even though he's tired. When I take him, I can usually get him out (like Julia) in 5-10 minutes. I don't know why this is...it's certainly not because they like me more then Momma...Momma is still #1 around here.

Lately, the kids have been waking up way too early in the morning. I think it was 4 a.m. that they got up yesterday (way too early anyway). With Jonathan we've adjusted the times he's napping during the day. With Julia we've decided to skip her nap during the day. She'd sometimes sleep for 2 or 3 hours after lunch and we think that's why she's been getting up so early. We're a few days into no naps for Julia and it's going pretty well. She's been getting tired at the end of the day but her behavior hasn't changed much.

Tonight, after dinner, she started to nod off while I was holding her the couch. It was only about 6 p.m. so I had to wake her up and take her upstairs to get ready for bed. Like every night, she wanted Momma to put her PJs on and brush her teeth. I handed her to Stacey and she said she wanted Momma to get her ready, but that afterward instead of crawling into bed, to go downstairs with Dadda. She wanted to fall asleep on my shoulder while I was holding her and dancing to Christmas music. She fell asleep on me sometime during the middle of our second song...pretty darn cute and definitely worth the extra 5 minutes.