Today was a pretty uneventful yet eventful day at the hospital. In the morning we had some more blood drawn but otherwise sat around. Since there was only one couch, Stacey and I decided to alternate nights sleeping at home. When I returned in the morning nothing else happened until we got a tube placed down his nose for feedings around lunch.
In the afternoon we tried three different times to feed him formula directly to his stomach through the tube. Each time he vomited it all up, despite decreasing the volume and rate each time. The very last attempt was the slowest drip possible and he still didn't like it. It could be as simple as he's still sick. He's understandably very hungry but at least he's hydrated and getting sugars from the IV.
After the unsuccessful feedings in the afternoon the doctor decided to call it a day. I drove over to my parent's house to see Julia (she's sick too) and my parents before picking up some clean clothes at home. When I returned, Stacey headed home for a good night's rest. Tomorrow we are going to start running some GI tests to figure out if there's an underlying issue as to why he won't eat (or eat very much). We should know a lot more (or at least be able to rule out some things) tomorrow. We'll also find out our options to get some calories in him other then through the nasal tube.
It sounds like we're going to be here for a few more days.