04 April 2011

Job Latest

It's been about two months now since I started looking...not much to report. I've got my application in on a job at Compassion, but it's going to take a few weeks (at least) before I hear anything back on that position. My "contacts" have already put in a good work for me and delivered my cover letter/resume to the hiring manager...so it's probably the best and only lead I have right now.

As the weeks and months go by, I'll get more serious about my search. For the past two months I've been looking almost every day, but only for one to two hours at a time. I also need to start expanding where I look. I've averaged an interview every two weeks, but they were mostly in the beginning stages of my search. Lately I haven't had much action.

One of my concerns is that I may be in "no man's land". I'm over-qualified for any entry level position, yet I may not have enough experience in one area to be considered for a supervisory or leadership role...nor do I have a lot technical expertise for some of the jobs I'm seeing. Eventually something will turn up though.