Arrrrrrrgh...I'm getting so sick of watching Spurs play. It's getting so bad that I'm seriously thinking about canceling Directv and going back to the old rabbit ears. In case you're wondering, after 4 games this season we are the only team to not yet win a game. We're dead last in the standings too. I know this is going to be a rebuilding year, and it will take time for our recently overhauled squad to get used to playing with each other. But, that doesn't make it any easier to watch.
The other reason why it's no fun to watch anymore is because the games are blurry. A few weeks ago I didn't know the difference. Then, I discovered that the local stations are now broadcasting their signals in high definition...for free...over rabbit ears! Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know that. Anyway, I pulled out an old set of rabbit ears from Radio Shack and hooked it up to my digital tv (i.e. flat screen). I was blown away by some of the HD NFL and college football games that have been on. In a weird way I feel like I have discovered a previously untapped gold mine and extracting the gold is free. Actually, it feels like I'm stealing something since cable and satellite companies charge you extra for HD on top of their basic package.
Back to Spurs. Anyway, as I was saying, it was so bad tonight that during the game I seriously considered switching over to whatever cheesy, bad sitcom was on. At least in HD it would have been prettier to watch then the garbage I had subjected myself to. There's something wrong with that.