16 September 2008

Thank You...

...Colorado DOT - but probably more appropriately, Wilson Co.

This evening I drove home on Powers - my usual route. As usual, they were doing construction on the the Powers Woodmen overpass. When I got home I realized that something had gone terribly wrong. The sides of my truck had been covered in a hard, thick layer of tar (or sealant). It looks like someone has taken black paint and sprayed it all over the side of my truck. For those of you who have ever tried to clean off even the smallest speck of tar, you know how hard and how messy this is. I'm about to figure out how hard it will be to clean an entire vehicle covered in it.

In case this happened to anyone else, I found the following web page on the DOT website:

www.dot.state.co.us/powerswoodmen

There are contact names, phone numbers and an email address listed. I sent Wilson Co. an email with these pictures. I don't expect to hear from them, but at the very least they need to know what happened. Obviously, something was not done correctly. At the very minimum I hope they will fix whatever happened so that it doesn't happen again. I wonder how many people will be spending this Saturday scrubbing tar? 100? 500?