17 September 2008

Samsung 50 Inch Plasma

Every good basement needs one. For the past few years I've had my "pulse" on the television market. I knew that at some point in the near future I'd have the opportunity to setup our family room...aka our own movie theater...aka O'Slicky's Sports Bar and Grill.

Sunday was that day. I checked out Best Buy and saw this television on sale, 25% off the listed price. A few days after we bought it Best Buy increased the price $300. Very nice. Anyway, it's full 1080p, and has an astonishing 1 million to 1 contrast ratio. After looking around for awhile it was very clear that you get much more size for the money with plasma versus a LCD. In my personal opinion, the picture on a plasma is just as good if not better then an LCD anyway. HD television and my Playstation 3 (games and Blu-Ray) look amazing...and that's an understatement.

I realize it may seem weird to pose for a picture with your television, but the reason was so that you could see the proper scale. I know all the guys will appreciate this post. Once we've got the basement finished we'll have to have everyone over for a movie night or for the Superbowl.

As a funny side note, check out the picture with the white Toyota truck in it. I've never seen another white Toyota pickup with the same Toyota emblem in the center of the tailgate. Considering I added mine 12 years ago, I think this guy copied me. Amazing coincidence it was on the television at the same time we were taking these pictures.