Stacey and I went the the Broncos game today while Julia cheered loudly with Grandpa and Grandma at home. The game was entertaining, and it was good to get out together. All in all though, this will be something we do once every 10 years. We paid a lot of money for the tickets (and parking, gas, and 2 drinks). My supervisor has season tickets, and he sells a lot of them to his coworkers when he can't make the game.
Unfortunately, we spent most of the game sitting next to explicative shouting drunks. Although we were in the 6th row, most of the game was played 100 yards away on the other side of the field. Considering we had to squint because of the sun, I doubt we would have seen much anyway. The game came down to a final field goal, which New Orleans missed handing Denver the win. The problem with our seats in the 6th row is that they looked right down the goal line. The deciding kick of the game went up and through...or maybe not through...the field goal posts. I couldn't tell. Everyone behind the end zone cheered, so I cheered too. I guess he missed the kick.
In case anyone is wondering, going to the game took about 8 hours total. Counting only game time, it cost us $3.84 a minute to watch the game in person from "good" seats. I heard somewhere that in a 60 minute football game there are about only about 15 minutes of actual playing time. So, better make it $15.33 per minute of playing time. Anyway, the point to this story is that we had a good time, but if you're interested in watching the game, save the time and money. You get a much better seat at home and if you don't like what you hear or see, you can push the mute button or change the channel.
Probably the best part about the day are the pictures below. We were able to get a few good family and individual shots!
Unfortunately, we spent most of the game sitting next to explicative shouting drunks. Although we were in the 6th row, most of the game was played 100 yards away on the other side of the field. Considering we had to squint because of the sun, I doubt we would have seen much anyway. The game came down to a final field goal, which New Orleans missed handing Denver the win. The problem with our seats in the 6th row is that they looked right down the goal line. The deciding kick of the game went up and through...or maybe not through...the field goal posts. I couldn't tell. Everyone behind the end zone cheered, so I cheered too. I guess he missed the kick.
In case anyone is wondering, going to the game took about 8 hours total. Counting only game time, it cost us $3.84 a minute to watch the game in person from "good" seats. I heard somewhere that in a 60 minute football game there are about only about 15 minutes of actual playing time. So, better make it $15.33 per minute of playing time. Anyway, the point to this story is that we had a good time, but if you're interested in watching the game, save the time and money. You get a much better seat at home and if you don't like what you hear or see, you can push the mute button or change the channel.
Probably the best part about the day are the pictures below. We were able to get a few good family and individual shots!