"Less than a classic"...are the words the commentator used to describe the match between Wigan and Tottenham this morning. I love it when the English make their point indirectly. "Well, I wouldn't say it was the BEST game I've ever seen!"
Here's the problem with Spurs (and I why debated even wasting my time watching this game). They played for over an hour and a half against Wigan and couldn't even muster ONE legitimate shot on goal despite the return of Defoe. Sure, the official stats show there were 2 shots on goal, but I'm pretty sure the goalie could have sat in a lawn chair the whole game. They weren't shots. Spurs can't score. Gone are the days when it was end to end action. Now, the entire game stalls at midfield. Of course, in typical Tottenham and relegation form fashion, they held the opposition to nothing until the very last minute of the game. 90th minute, corner kick, header, goal, bottom 3 of the table. This is not the team nor organization that it was advertised to be.
The announcer ended the game with his own classic: "At the start of the season Spurs were supposed to be challenging for a top 4 spot and the Champions League. Right now, they're on track for a top 4 spot in the Champion...ship.