31 January 2009

Tottenham 2 - 3 Bolton



Those no talent ___ clowns did it again! We can never beat these guys at the own place.

In typical Spurs fashion, they love to get your hopes up just to squash them. I've watched them play enough to know what to expect after the first 5 - 10 minutes of play. Today was no exception, and after a few minutes played I knew we were going to lose or at most get a draw. I watched Spurs fall behind 0-2 and couldn't take it any more. I changed the channel to the Villa game (which was much more exciting).

Literally five minutes later I returned to the office and saw that Spurs had scored 2 goals in 2 minutes to level the score. Excited, I turned the game back hoping to see Tottenham, who obviously had the momentum, possibly get the draw or even steal a winner. Of course, as soon as they had raised my hopes they gave up another goal on a set piece. Being only 1 goal down I was forced to watch it to the end and see us lose again. The thing that frustrates me is that before this game Bolton had averaged only about .75 goals a game at home...we gave up 3.

We play our arch-rivals next, "Woolrich Wanderers". I don't expect much from that game. However, if we don't get some serious pointage in the 3-4 games following the derby, we're in SERIOUS trouble. We can't be down at the bottom with 5 games to go because our schedule is too difficult.

To add insult to injury, the recent return of Defoe has been put on hold. Of course, he's scored some great goals since returning but broke a bone in his foot in TRAINING yesterday. I hear Keane might be available. Keane used to play for Leeds, which is ironic because we could become the next Leeds if we get relegated.